Monday, January 15, 2007

Chilling Consternation

I got home from work tonight... and keep in mind that today is a day that began without power for several hours due to an ice storm. Keep in mind that it took me about half an hour to clear the ice from my car to make it drivable at noon. Keep in mind that today was a day that shifted between periods of freezing rain, hail, light snow, and heavy snow. Keep in mind that this is the first time it has been cold enough for me to wear a toque out of doors this winter. I got home from work and looked out my window to see a man washing his car. He was busy sudsing it up, and as I watched him, I had a hard time believing that the water wasn't freezing as he slopped it on. His actions both confused and appalled me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, speaking of hats, I have one for you. Erin made fun of it because it's kinda square at the top (which is what happens when you cast off to decrease! which I have explained to her! and which likely makes less than no sense to you, not being of the knitting sort.) but when she put it on her *gargantuan head* the corners evened out and it looked hat-like, so. H'ray! It's currently sitting on our TEAK table in a dejected, headless lump, but I will bring it for you on Friday and then it will have a purpose in life and be far less emo about everything.

(amy)

PEE ESS: Your neighbour is made of crazy.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Lethal Interjection said...

I hear that, my friend.
I do remember one day when just as it began to snow, at probably close to two in the morning I saw two people over there washing their cars. They must have seen the first few flakes and thought they better get out there and clean their car before the snow really acts up and covers their soon-to-be-clean car. Oh, and the salters would be out soon, so might as well make it clean before those salt stains cover the car like a poison ivy rash. Better get it clean before hand. Might as well throw away those few dollars.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home