Tuesday, January 30, 2007

That was pretty cool.

Last night I was climbing into bed when I just happened to peek out of the blinds covering my bedroom window. This is not something I regularly do, and I really had no reason to look out the window; I just felt like taking a peek outside. directly in front of me, and by this I mean literally 6 feet from my face were a pair of deer. It was really cool. They were just kid of standing there looking around. They looked sorta hungry, and I felt bad that I didn't have any carrots or anything to offer them. I tried to call to Tim quietly, but apparently they heard me do that because they got all spooked and ran away. Still, for about a minute, I got to stand 2 yards away from deer. It was a pretty cool reminder of how close we are to the greater world around us.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lethal Interjection said...

I did see them dash, however.
It's so much nicer here than in Brampton, especially in this respect. I mean, I would never have this happen in Brampton. I did see deer once or twice on the trips to and from school in a stretch of so far undeveloped land between Brampton and Vaughan/Woodbridge.
However, since being in Ancaster (off campus, as I never saw any on campus) I have seen or heard of deer multiple times, be it the Basement or where we are now.
And its really cool.

1:24 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

I was driving home last night and there was a deer standing in the middle of the road. I had to stop. The deer and I jsut looked at each other for a few seconds until it decided to mosey on off the road. 3 deer in 2 nights.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Lethal Interjection said...

Awesome.
Was it here on Wilson, or was it closer to the wooded area by Southcote and Golf Links?

1:48 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Right in the middle of Rouseaux. I wasn't terribly surprised by it, since it's a slightly wooded area.

Also, I really like how we're having this conversation here instead of across the hall like normal roommates.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Lethal Interjection said...

Yeah, I know. I don't feel right doing this unless...

Sam smells.

There we go, that's more like it.
Plus, I probably wouldn't think of it in the morning, and I usually check blogs when I get back from work, and often you are in bed.
And since we are relaying things ridiculously over this internet thing... We can't put cardboard on the floor next to the plastic shelving thing anymore. Its in front of the heater, and when I collected it tonight it was rather warm. I'd prefer no fires. I was planning to write it on the whiteboard, but this'll do.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Dan Ponsen said...

Deer are cool indeed. How long ago did this happen? I had the same incident as you Sam with seeing a deer on the road and having it just stand and stare. That's awesome that you saw them so close! On our way down the mountain to soccer we actually saw 6 deer crossing the road right near the parking lot for the walking path. Though it was a snowy night, it was still cool see. And as Tim said, I as well am very glad to be out of Brampton, it really is so much nicer up here, to have that ounce of rurality within our urbanization. (don't know if they are words but it works..)

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home